New Digital ABS Material for Objet Connex 3D Printers
Available only on Objet Connex 3D Printers, dual-material jetting can produce inkjet photopolymers that simulate a range of durable production-grade plastics. Digital ABS and Digital ABS2 materials create realistic, precise prototypes that are also tough and heat resistant. We have added the Ivory colour option to the Digital ABS family. It is comprised of RGD515 and RGD531 (the ivory componant). Digital ABS (fabricated inside the 3D printer from RGD515 and RGD535) is designed to simulate standard ABS plastics by combining high-temperature resistance with toughness. Both materials are suitable for parts that require PolyJet technology’s highest possible impact resistance and shock absorption.
Digital ABS and Digital ABS2 are ideal for:
- Functional prototypes
- Snap-fit parts for high or low temperature use
- Electrical parts, casings, mobile phone casings
- Engine parts and covers
Digital ABS and Digital ABS2 are available for Objet Connex 3D Printers.
Digital ABS2 will provide enhanced dimensional stability and rigidity to thin walls. It will exhibit similar mechanical properties to the existing Digital ABS for feature with a thickness greater than .050", 1.3mm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the mechanical properties of Digital ABS2 different from current Digital ABS?
- The same mechanical properties exist
- Digital ABS2 provides increased strength and rigidity for thin-walled designs
Are the properties of Ivory and Green the same?
- The general mechanical properties of Digital ABS & ABS2 , in green or ivory, are identical
How can I upgrade my capabilities to enjoy Ivory material and Digital ABS2 ?
- Customers should contact customer support @ 1-800-298-6437 for a FREE software upgrade
How can I obtain a FREE sample of Ivory material and Digital ABS2 ?
- Customers should contact Cimetrix @ 1-800-298-6437 for a FREE sample